Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes...

...has God ordained praise (Matt. 21:16)

From Mark Driscoll's latest note on Facebook re: Easter and Good Friday services at Mars Hill Church (emphasis mine):

Something broke this weekend, spiritually. I’m not sure how to explain it, but God’s favor was evident everywhere. We had 8,070 people attend on Sunday, plus however many could not make it into the Eastside Campus or stand up outside the building to listen on speakers because there was no room in the parking lot or on the sidewalk. We had 3,648 for Good Friday services plus however many hundreds got turned away from the 7 p.m. service at Ballard. We had at least 11,718 people altogether this weekend, somewhere near 200 baptisms yesterday alone, and are still trying to figure out how many people got saved. My children loved seeing all the new converts and baptisms yesterday and my two-year-old son Gideon cracked us all up by calling them bath-tisms and asking if he could take a bath in the church too. We told him he can have a bath-tism in a few years when he gets a bit older.

[...]

Yesterday while singing with the congregation at each of the five services I preach live, I could not stop weeping. People were singing loudly with their hands in the air. They cheered all day as people came forward to give their lives to Jesus and be baptized. The pastors were up front laying hands on people, praying over them, and leading them to Christ by the dozens at every service. I stood off to the side during the singing to watch what God was doing and multiple people walked up to me weeping and asked me to pray with them to become a Christian. I met people who had flown in from out of state and out of country to celebrate Easter with us. I even met a couple who had organized their honeymoon to spend Easter with us before flying home to South Carolina. And I only got to see a fraction of what God was doing.

On Good Friday we had eight services on six campuses and for Easter Sunday we had seventeen services on six campuses. I am so glad we have gone multi-site and so glad for the trust we have in the campus pastors and their teams of elders, deacons, and church members. Most of all I am glad for God’
Sounds pretty sweet.

Soli Deo gloria.

Read more...

0 comments:

Search My Site